Monday, September 19, 2016

DIY Fabric Book Covers Under Construction


Just thought you would like to see the next batch of book covers "in the works".  

Working on : Pokemon, Dr. Who, Chicago Blackhawks, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

The picture shows cover pieces, inside front and back panels, and pockets that have been cut out.

Here's a run down on what it takes for this 1st phase of making  fabric book covers.
  1. Select the best image from your fabric and center it.  I have a temp plate created for both the spiral and the composition book sizes.  A crossbar marks the center of the temp plate, so I just draw around the temp plate once I have the best part of the design.
  2. Cut out the traced patterns.
  3. Trace and cut out the side panels.  I usually cut the front panel from a solid color and the back panel is from the cover fabric.  Again,  I have a temp plate for this.
  4. Trace and cut out an image from the cover fabric to make a pocket.  Again, I have a temp plate for this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment