Thursday, October 25, 2012

Working on New Items- Composition Bookcovers

I've  been pretty busy the last week, sewing up some composition book covers. 

 And HooYah (that is Navy SEAL talk for Thank God,  It's Almost Over and Hurray!! )

Okay, so I can hear you thinking "What the heck are composition book covers, anyway?"

Since I can sew up one of this babies, in my sleep now, aka sleepcrafting, I'll tell you.

They are fabric bookcovers for the composition notebooks.

And do you know what that means?  

Yep, they are reusable!!   

When your standard composition book is scribbled up er I mean used up, with many wondrous compositions assignments, you can take the cover off and put it on a brand new unused composition book.  

I loved the smell and the feel of a new composition book, when I was young.  I didn't want to write in it, just save it, pristine for eternity.   But then, the nuns ( I went to Catholic school) would come down the aisle, with their rulers in hand and I got my pen in hand and started to write on the book.  Fear does that to you - LOL.  

And yes, I am old enough to have actually had nuns, not lay people, teaching me during grade school.  It's all different now.  Geesh, they even let kids use PC's, calculators, and that internet thing, for Pete's Sake!! (better make that St Pete's sake)

I've in the process of decorating the school themed ones.  This is the fun part.  No sewing machines allowed, just ribbons, stickers, school logos, and plenty of imagination. 

I've let a few of the animal fabrics out of their cages, and ran up a some covers.  

They insisted on it, it wasn't me.  Really.

 Okay last year I had some costumers ask "Where are the good covers?  You know the ones with the animals on them."  I remember it well.... 

I try to sell the composition book along with the cover- Oh boy, such a deal!! However, I did run out of composition books and so I will be selling just covers for a reduced price for the bookless ones.

I'll post some pix as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment